Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Why this blog?

I am a University at Albany history professor. I often tell my students that I expect them to be "engaged" with their coursework. It only seems fair that if I expect them to be engaged in their learning, that I should be engaged with their learning as well.


That's why I've started this blog. I will post articles, stories, PowerPoints, study guides, and other tips that will help all my students get more out of their classes. When I come across a particularly interesting story with relevance to US history or to current events, I will post links.


I also ask that my students send me stories or links that they think others will benefit from. We're all in this together!


Learning should be fun. I mean that. We should all remember that absolute joy we felt as toddlers as we began to explore the world around us. We should all remember the excitement we felt as we learned to read. Let's capture that spirit of WOW in what we have to learn now as well.

No comments: