Friday, August 20, 2010

A New Academic Year and news to report on the legal profession

Welcome back from summer! It's been very hot here in North Carolina and I am looking forward to some cooling breezes in Albany, NY. Thinking ahead about my Constitutional history course this fall, I will begin posting articles and information related to the Supreme Court and state legal issues. Thinking ahead to my Law and Lawyers course in the spring, I will also be casting about for news about the legal profession.

Here's a story in today's (August 20) New York Times (note the italicized title: historians always italicize titles of books, newspapers, magazines, movies, and plays) about how the recession has changed the ideas of some young lawyers. Much as happened in the 1960s and 70s, some young lawyers today are rethinking the whole corporate-law gig and opting for public sector law instead.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/us/20defer.html?_r=1&emc=tnt&tntemail0=y

No comments: